Thursday, September 2, 2010

Whats In Your Purse?

Welcome to the second edition of What's In Your Purse!

Last week I showed you my solution for eye shadow that wont crease or flake off. So put that boiled egg back in your purse and get ready for another eye makeup tip.

I have short, straight, light colored stubbly eyelashes. If I dont wear mascara I look like I have beady little eyes. And I have oily skin so I have to be careful that my mascara doesnt make black circles under my eyes like a racoon by noon. Ive tried and tried different brands and formulas over the years and this is the one I found that works best for me. And its less than $10 at the drugstore.

L'Oreal Double Extend Waterproof Mascara
First off you notice that there is a tube of stuff on each end and the brush is in the middle. Obviously one is the black mascara, so whats going on over on the other end? Im going to call it a lash primer. I used a product similar to this about 15 years ago from a department store. While it worked great it was very cost prohibitive to purchase it IN ADDITION to buying mascara. So I was excited when L'Oreal came out with this two in one product. It thickens up my short stubbly little eyelashes and makes them longer. So what I do is put the white stuff on first and then put the mascara on over it. After I put on my mascara I do the rest of my makeup routine and then finish with a second coat of just the mascara. This mascara will stay on your lashes until you are ready for it to come off. You dont need a hammer and chisel to get it off, just some eyemakeup remover or soap and water. It even stays on in the pool.

I have a friend who has tried the prescription eyelash treatments but have been hesitant because of the side effects. She is happy with it, but feel free to chime in if you have used it and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment