Thursday, August 26, 2010

Whats in your purse?

No, we are not about to play Lets Make a Deal where we see who has a boiled egg in their purse. Haha. I thought (oh no there I go again with the thinkin thing) it might be fun to talk about some of the things that we couldnt live without. Well, maybe we could live without them but they make life a little better for us. I'll go first. If you have something in your makeup bag, purse, closet, or cabinet you would like to share feel free to comment or email me directly.

Im not necessarily "brand loyal" when it comes to most things. I have a few items that I will only get a certain brand of and one thing is foundation. I discovered this item after I got a makeover at the Clinique counter a few years back. I started using Clinique when I was in college. Its pretty much the only brand I can find with a shade even close to "white as a piece of paper." I'll go to the drugstore to get blush or eyeshadow or mascara but when it comes to foundation Im a Clinique girl.

Clinique Touch Base for Eyes
This cream comes in 6 different shades and is used for keeping your eyeshadow from flaking off during the day. It could also be used alone as an eyeshadow if you are not into a lot of heavy color on your eyes or are just in a hurry. It stays on and keeps your powder eyeshadow from creasing or fading. It really does make a huge difference! Its a little pricey for an eye product so I usually stock up when Clinique has a bonus because my normal foundation is a *little less* than the required price to get the free prize.

And no, Im not getting paid for this.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you shared this because the creasing is the reason I don't wear eye shadow. Now I can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm absolutely going to follow you! Not only do you have a great blog going on here, but I love supporting a fellow redhead! :)
    ~Jules @ www.adbits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. BV,
    Great! Let me know how it turns out. It comes in 6 colors. I think mine is "canvas"

    Jules,
    Welcome!

    ReplyDelete