Saturday, August 14, 2010

If you're picky and you know it, raise your hand!

Big Daddy and I visited a new restaurant Genghis Grill on Germantown Pkwy near Wolfchase. He had been before but I was interested to try it since I'd heard others say it was really good.

First you are seated and your server brings you an empty bowl. Our server asked if we had ever eaten there before, and even offered to go through the line with us but since BD had already experienced it and knows my quirks I just let him help me. There is a menu but its pretty much one price (9.99 for lunch, 12.99 for dinner, 3.00extra for bottomless bowl), you can pretty much skip it. There are some recipes/suggestions and cards you can take with you through the line or you can make up your own as you go, which is good for me because I can leave out what I dont like and add more of what I do.

First you pick your protein

Then you pick your vegetables. Use your skillz to pile as high as you can in your bowl. Next you select your sauce and place it in a separate bowl. They had tiny spoons ala Baskin Robbins to taste test your sauce.

Then you pass off your selections to the people who do the cooking:

You can select rice, fried rice, or noodles to go with your meat and vegetable concoction. I bet you have never seen a pile of rice this high at Shogun:

Then you sit down and your server will bring your personally selected concoction to your table. Voila! Yeah, It was good:

4 comments:

  1. Cowan and I took the boys there Sunday after church last week. We loved it even though we waited quite awhile. Good stuff!! Sorry I don't know how to post here except by anonymous. You know it's me. :-) Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! My husband loves restaurants like this! His favorite and I love them too! Saw you on MBC...i'm your newest follower! Nice to meet you! ~Kimberly

    www.stinkerpinker.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Kimberly! Nice to meet you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you live the Memphis area you can go to www.halfoffmidsouth.com and get discount certificates for Genghis Grill starting on 8/28/2010....Sorry plug for Big Daddy

    ReplyDelete