Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fall! Fall is here! Its fall y'all!

Finally Mother Nature has joined the chat. She finally changed her front door wreath from summer to fall. She took the watermelon flag down and put up the one with all the pretty leaves and the pumpkin on it. I was about as sick as you could be of the hot weather and the sweating and did I mention the sweating? Yes its hot when you leave at 0450am to go to work and its already 87 degrees outside.

Fall is my favorite time of the whole year. Yeah Christmas yadda yadda. But fall! She is beautiful. The colors, the smells, the feels! It makes me want to run out into the yard and throw my hands up and sing The Hills are Alive with the Sound of Music. But that has nothing to do with fall, does it?

I love fall because: There is nothing like a crisp October day with a bright blue sky and fluffy marshmallow creme clouds and a breeze. There is nothing like a hayride and a bonfire with smores and hot chocolate. There is nothing like playing in a big pile of leaves. There is nothing like wearing big fluffy sweaters or your favorite hoodie. There is nothing like a Friday night football game with a marching band (or rather a Friday night marching band with a football game LOL). There is nothing like Thanksgiving, which is all the warm fuzzies of Christmas without the pressure of decorating and all those presents. And! There is nothing like having a birthday in November (it is 9 months from Valentines day, bow chicka wow wow)!

I just hope Mother Nature doesnt play any tricks on us and have a heat wave in October.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more!! As a Wisconsin girl I'm not used to the Kansas heat, so fall isn't coming as fast as I'd like... but I'll take what I can get! I'm a new reader, nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. This summer was terrible. And fall is my favorite season anyway.

    ReplyDelete