Friday, September 3, 2010

12? Really?

Happy Birthday Drama Queen! It seems like yesterday you were born. I couldnt wait for you to get here and you were taking your own sweet time. Then BANG you were here. That is so you. Then you screamed for 3 months. Every. Night. You were beautiful and cute and sweet after that. I am so happy and proud to be your mom, and I have just about caught up on my sleep.

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

I love that we can do girly stuff together like go shopping and get our nails done. I remember how you used to be afraid of Pat-the-nail-guy-who-looked-like-Charlie-Chan when he used to say "OH YOU SO PRETTY I KISS YOU." But then one day you decided it was ok and hopped up in the chair and stuck your hands out like it was nobody's business.

I love that you tell me what is going on with your life while we are driving in the car. You wont much tell me if I ask you specific questions but getting in the car is like some aerosol truth serum, you just talk and talk. About boys, about drama, about boy drama, and about the drama caused by boys. And also, about cheer.

I love that you are independent, but not too much. I can teach you to do something and you are all over it.

I love that you are a little bit like me, but not too much. You have just the right amount of spunk and personality and everyone likes being around you. Except maybe your brother but I hear that goes away after you are both adults. You pretty much tell it like it is (wonder where you get that from??).

You are blossoming (literally and figuratively)into a beautiful young woman. I love you all the way to the moon and back infinity times.

3 comments:

  1. This is great! Now that my daughter is six, I've decided she's reached the year where things really start taking off. I can't believe how QUICKLY she's maturing all of the sudden. IT'S CRAZY!

    Happy birthday to your daughter! Here's hoping for smooth sailing for both of you in the next couple of years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, sweet Kat! You are beautiful inside and out. Love, Mrs. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. ST,
    Thanks for stopping by. I am a big fan of your blogs. Daughters are so much fun around 6 when they start being a little bit girl and a little bit lady. Sometimes I feel my heart will bust open with pride!

    Cathy,
    Thanks. I still remember the dress up party when Jamie came and they all dressed you up. Haha. Such fun memories!

    ReplyDelete