Thursday, July 22, 2010

Slap yo momma!

One of the questions I hate to hear every day is....."Whats for dinner?" I usually say something smart back like "food" or "something." Today was no exception.

I had kinda planned in my head to have some grilled chicken, and I knew I had some frozen broccoli in the freezer (like where else?). Big Daddy could cook the chicken on the grill so I got it marinating in some Italian Dressing, no biggie. He got out a box of rice and I said "no that will take 30 mins" and so when he went to fire up the grill I stood in front of the pantry and scratched my head. Then the light came on.

We had been to Costco a week or so ago scoping out the samples (thats a whole other post, the picky eater). We picked up a jar of this:

I boiled up a pot of spagetti noodles, drained them, and put them in a big pasta bowl. Then I added about 4 big spoonfulls of the Bruschetta straight out of the jar and stirred it up. As soon as the bruschetta hit the hot noodles, you could smell the garlic. Like you just walked into Olive Garden. Let me tell you, this was yummy. It gives Grisanti's Elfo Special a run for its money. It was good with the italian grilled chicken, but it would also be great with just some sauteed shrimp or mushrooms (or both). I knew it was a hit when Big Daddy found Golden Boy in the kitchen eating straight out of the pasta bowl.

Its a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment