Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Mellow Mushroom

My friend Stephanie and I had the opportunity to get away without kids recently and found ourselves fumbling around for something to do. So we headed down Germantown Parkway, making a few stops to shop (of course). Then of course it was time to eat! We really wanted to go somewhere we usually wouldnt go so we headed to Mellow Mushroom in Germantown (last time I went that far I almost took my passport and toothbrush). This one is located on Poplar just east of Forest Hill Irene across from Target.

It was a little after 5 on a Sunday night and we got a table right away. The place was about half full, I can imagine the same time on a Friday or Saturday night the place would be packed. Mellow Mushroom is mostly known for their pizza, but they have plenty of other selections if you arent in the mood for a piece of pie. They do have pizza available by the slice, but only on weekdays from 11-2 which I suppose is to make selections quick for people who are in for a quick lunch during the workday. I was disappointed because I would have loved to have tried a few different types of their concoctions. Their menu includes a good selection of appetizers, salads, and sandwiches. The appetizer pretzels we heard are pretty good by take 20 minutes to prepare. So we passed on that.

I picked the 10 inch Gourmet White pizza. A 10 inch was a little too much for one person, but would be great to share with someone if you each have a salad. Im not a big fan of greazy pizza and this one is right up my alley. It has olive oil, garlic, sundried tomatoes, provolone, mozzarella, feta, tomatoes, and onions. The hand tossed crust was buttery with just a hint of garlic and had the right amount of crunch to it. The pizza was veeerrrry cheeeessssyyyy. But it was light and very tasty and didnt leave me feeling like I had a brick in my stomach when I got done. I could have done with a few more tomatoes and a few less onions (they were sliced not diced which I thought was strange but whatever). I only ate 2 of the pieces and took the other 2home in a box for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment