Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Word of the Day Wednesday #1

When I was off on my adventure for months and months away from bedside nursing my partner made up a word one day in casual conversation describing a situation that had happened at her home. Evidently her 15 year old daughter had snuck in a boy while mom was not at home and on the verge of being caught had to shuffle the boy out the door, and then jumped into bed to pretend she was sleeping. In the course of telling me the story she said her daughter had not one ounce of...

SNEAKATIVITY......

I asked her, "Is that a word?" She said "Yeah, I just made it up!"

And word of the day was born. A week or so later I got a dry erase board and put it on our office door. Some days Word of the Day was something someone had said in casual conversation that was funny, or something I had to dig to come up with. Soon our coworkers were stopping by our office to ask what the word of the day was, followed by strangers getting off the elevator and making comments about them. When we were remiss in posting our word of the day, we heard about it!

So Partner/Sister, thanks for creating our first word of the day and starting a tradition that made a lot of people laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment