Tuesday, October 12, 2010

How I met my husband

It was my 17th birthday. My best friend and my mom had organized sortof a party for me (it was 1984, we rented a VHS movie and ate pizza and had cake). The BFF had invited her crush over, and Big Daddy (well he wasnt Big Daddy yet LOL) tagged along, because SHE was HIS CRUSH! Yeah. The drama.

I'd just broken up with my "its my senior year and I really need a boyfriend" guy because he just wasnt doing it for me. It all started great, he was college age and was really into me. But. He had some fringey religious beliefs that included Sabbath from Friday sundown to Saturday sundown, which really put a damper on football games and general dating. So I had to cut him loose and count my losses.

So the party was a hit. BD was sitting in a chair and I was sitting on the floor next to him and we were all watching the movie. Next thing I know, BD has his finger tracing it lightly just around the edge of my ear. Which causes this kind of reaction:

I dont remember much else about that night, but a few days later he did call me. We ended up dating and got married 5 years later and just celebrated our 20th anniversary in July.

(from the idea bank on www.kludgymom.com)

3 comments:

  1. Oooh. The ear tracing reaction is awesome.
    And 20th happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! So sweet! Here's to another 20 years! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this too! May you guys be blessed with hundreds more years. :-)

    ReplyDelete