Tuesday, October 19, 2010

14 day Manicure

Friday I went and got a manicure and pedicure. I like to keep my toes done (because I cant reach them myself LOL) but I rarely get a manicure. I did have acrylic nails but those are highly illegal here at my work and will immediately get you thrown in nurse jail and your fingers promptly cut off. Not really, but it sounded good.

The real reason I dont get a manicure alot is because my nails are very thin and bendy and peely. This causes the nail polish to chip peel off. A friend of mine told me about this manicure process that lasts for 14 days. Its not acrylic OR gel artificial nails. It is simply a polish that is cured under UV light between layers. What you get is no drying time and nail polish that is supposed to last 14 days.

So I thought "What the heck" and tried it (on my fingers only).

So its been 4 days. So far I am very pleased with the results. It has not chipped at all that I can tell and the polish is still very shiny. My nails are rather short now so they are not very bendy. We will see as they grow out how it holds up. You can tell at the cuticle where they have grown out a bit, which is natural and cant be avoided.

There are a few drawbacks (yeah, I know). There are only a few colors available right now in this polish. I picked a middle of the road pinky-coral color. I think there are about 6 colors. It is also a little more pricey (around $30). But to me if it holds up like they say it will be worth it. Not all nail shops offer this kind of manicure, so you might have to go out of your way to get it. I went to Nail Bar on the Island, which is not your average strip mall manicure joint. Check out their website. If this is not convenient you can check out CND which is the website of the manufacturer and search for other salons that offer it.

I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment