Monday, May 3, 2010

Part 2 of Stupid People Who Make Wedding Cake

Lets just say that having a 16" cake was a little ambitious for this fondant virgin. Because not only do you have to roll out the fondant into a sheet the size of Texas, but you have to pick it up and get it ON the cake. Easier said than done. Got it on there, but not without holes you could drive a car through. I did my best to patch the holes and threw in the towel and hit the hay. About 1130pm

At 430am:
WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhh! Tornado sirens. Great. Ive spent a week making cake and its going to be eaten by the munchkins in Oz cause thats where we are going to end up. LOL Turned out the storm was not near us so we went back to sleep.

Had another nightmare about cake. This time I was IN the wedding AND making the cake. AND I was running late. The only thing missing was showing up and realizing I didnt have on any clothes. But wait, thats a dream for another KIND of blog! Big Daddy woke me up and said "WHAT are you dreaming about?" I said "WHAT DO YOU THINK IM DREAMING ABOUT???"

Got up and commenced making yellow circles. I discovered that polka dots cover a multitude of sins. I took every shred of leftover fondant and colored it yellow. We made circles and covered most of the places that I had to patch up. Then guess what, more tornado sirens. I said "should we take cover?" Big Daddy said "just keep working." OH great. I can read the headlines now..."Woman covered in cake discovered under tornado stricken house." The sirens they blew and didnt stop. For a couple hours. Then. The rain. I have never seen anything like the rain. It was more than pouring, it was more than buckets, it was more than cats and dogs.

Thankfully it stopped raining in time for us to leave for the wedding. We assembled the cake on site. Very. Carefully. If you have ever watched a cake challenge on Food Network where they have to move the cake from the kitchen to the table, you will understand. I was sweating down in the valley. Another good thing was that it was dimly lit where the cake was at the reception so the patch jobs didnt really show. Amber, the bride's aunt tried to bring some light over towards it. I said "oh no, dont do that!" LOL



The cake looked great and tasted delicious despite my best efforts.

3 comments:

  1. Very Pretty. Glad it all worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blog of the week this week is your blog!
    http://thesparacinofamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice! I found your blog because one of my college friends was in the wedding party. I love putting polka dots on cake!

    ReplyDelete