Sunday, April 4, 2010

Got a sick one.....now with parenthesis!

Got a sick kid (GB, sore throat, maybe strep). My kids arent sick much, and when they are, they arent sick long. They both had pneumonia one winter back to back (or "the ammonia" as DQ called it) and that totally was enough. I had had enough of sickness (I know, the irony, Im a nurse) and was so ready when they were well and both back to school. Mercy, it is not my gift. Yes it is true that I made GB march in a Christmas Parade with walking pneumonia (or "marching pneumonia" as the pediatrician called it). And he was the Drum Major so not only did he have to march in the parade with pneumonia, but he had to do it BACKWARDS. I lost my Mother of the Year trophy shortly after that. Hey, we didnt KNOW he had pneumonia till after the parade, ok? Yes I DID TOO take him to the doctor.

But you know its bad when the kids are ready to go back to school, and even sick of being home.

GB informs me of this tonight when I say Im taking him to the doctor in the morning (Im up for Mother of the Year, again). "I cant miss more than 3 days or I wont be exempt from my exams."

Im thinkin I wont be able to hear him once they put that cast around his neck.

1 comment:

  1. The best part was how well he walked backwards and didn't even look sick until it was over. I was very impressed. I've had this junk for six weeks and gone through three rounds of antibiotics. Today is the first day I feel like normal and that's not saying much...normal, I mean. Hope he gets well soon!

    ReplyDelete