Monday, April 26, 2010

CAKE!




My BFF's daughter is getting married this Saturday and somehow or another I volunteered to do the wedding cake. And by that I mean that I was briefly inhabited by aliens and didnt have any control over my bodily functions. No, really, this friend is my dearest, best friend in the world and I am thrilled to be a part of this special day for their family. I have done lots of cakes, but never a wedding cake. I've done one "weddingish" birthday cake, it was 3 tiers with columns. But never for. A. Real. Wedding. Inhale.......exhale.....

In all seriousness it is going to be a funfetti cake with white fondant and yellow polka dots (fondant is the rolled icing that you see on Ace of Cakes or Cake Boss).I worked with the fondant for the first time yesterday and it really is not too difficult to work with. So I bought 17 funfetti cake mixes yesterday at Kroger. Bought all they had. I havent figured up exactly how many more mixes I need, probably around 10 more.

I have dreamed about cake twice in the past 2 weeks. One dream was that instead of the polka dots I put baby pictures of the bride and groom all over the cake. I told the groom's mother about this dream and she said "That would be....different." HAHA!
One friend on facebook even dreamed about cupcakes last night after I posted about the cake!

I will post lots of pictures when it's all done.

2 comments:

  1. Yea!!!! I am your "friend" on facebook :o) I would love to make cakes, but would probably be as big as the house from eating the buttercream icing. I TiVo "Ace of Cakes", "Cake Boss", "Amazing Wedding Cakes", "Challenge".....you get the idea. I love cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious how you're going to incorporate the pepperoni pizzas into the cake. Now THAT would be somehting to dream about!

    ReplyDelete